Yes, where are we now since a killer virus surfaced to destroy lives? Most have tried to adapt, but easier said than done for many. Frustration seems to abound. The highways near my home have become racetracks, shopping pains us to go, restaurants are too risky, professional sports have no longer home and away games — all is fan-less and fun-less — rebellious people spew hatred in newly invented ways.
Blame has become popular, as has varied verbal sewage — slander, jealousy, envy, threats.
Many unfortunately have shown their true colors and have declined in popularity with the general public, hearts are being revealed — some ugly ones but also some beautiful have come out of their closets. Coping and adaptability also go up and down the grid. Depression rising, so it’s ill effects of addictions and suicide are gaining in number.
A true Christian seeks communion with The Divine. Since mankind was created in God’s image, he holds the capability of this heavenly interaction.
“There is a spirit in man, and the inspiration of the almighty gives them understanding.” Job 32:8
Friends, man is created in the Image and Likeness of God. see Genesis 9:6, James 3:9 and others
“Scripture nowhere says of any one of the visible creatures that surround us that it is created after the image of God.””But of these:
- They are works of Divine wisdom. Proverbs 3:19, Psalm 92:5.yes,
- They are “realized” thoughts of God. See Roman’s 1:20. yes, but
- Ex. “We read nowhere that God created the Sun (or moon) in His image.” from “A System of Biblical Psychology, Delitzsch and Wallis
Scripture says “created in His image” only directly about man, and indirectly about angels.
Characteristic of a son is the likeness of the father.
The image of God in man refers to his “invisible”nature.
Francis Schaeffer says; “…man stands at his particular level of creation as living in the image of God and having a reference upward rather than downward. Man is created to relate to God in a way that none of the other created beings are.””I, (man,) understand that I am created in the Image of God and that God is personal … the concept of fellowship as fellowship, has validity.”
Schaeffer goes on, “I am differentiated from all that is below me…
- The differentiation makes love possible. I am not confused with the possibility of communication, or revelation.
- … man has dominion over the other things in the world about him.
- “…man stands between God and all which God chose to put under him.”
So, the Job 32:8 “understanding” equates to man’s ability to make spiritual judgments. Or (discernment). and Hebrews 5:14 teaches “solid food is for the mature, for those who have their powers of discernment trained by constant practice to distinguish good from evil.”
Let’s regroup. What are we saying?
Mankind has an answer for these perilous times: A communion with the Father, Son and Holy Spirit of God. Out of this comes spiritual judgment and discernment.
So, tell me the problem!
- Many have no spiritual understanding, nor discernment — they have not regained their spiritual identity through Calvary’s redemption. They are only two-part beings, soul and body. They offer us empiricism: Man’s best observation.
- Next group is the born-again but carnal. These neglect their spiritual side to live after bodily appetites.
- Finally we have the mature believers who must battle to have their spiritual senses exercised to discern good and evil — in holding true to “spiritual understanding” these are not fooled by the many lies of the demonic world system.
In closing, God’s enemy has attempted to impose on mankind the value of a “superior intellect.” Friends, it falls short. That enemy wants us to think in iniquity, Ezekiel 28:6 reveals this error, “…you think that you think like God.” Yes among the spiritually ignorant are those of powerful souls, energized by God’s enemies. They guide us to destruction.
They cannot discern spirits.
“Beloved, believe not every spirit, but try the spirits whether they are of God: because many false prophets are gone out into the world.” 1 John 4:1
We have a Friend– Our Father, His Word, Our Holy Comforter and Guide. love ya