“All of your days have already been written in God’s book; when you go through a disappointment, don’t stop on that page, stay the course, keep believing; you may be tired discouraged and frustrated, but don’t give up on your future, God is faithful.” Dee dee Gee.
Quietly bearing wrongs done to us, we must continue unscathed . Easier said than done, we need desperately to find a way to be quiet.
Some lessons on keeping quiet:
- Proverbs 14:7 All things are adverse to a foolish man; but wise lips are the weapons of discretion. (don’t speak in the heat of anger.)
- Proverbs 18:13 He that answers a matter before he hears it, it is folly and shame unto him. (do you have all the facts?)
- Proverbs 14:9 Fools mock at the guilt offering, but the upright enjoy acceptance. (Don’t make a joke about sin and rebounding from it.)
- Proverbs 8:8 All the words of my mouth are in righteousness; there is nothing tortuous or perverse in them. Darby, (don’t say things that you will be ashamed of later.)
- Ecclesiastes 5:2 Be not rash with thy mouth, and let not thine heart be hasty to utter any thing before God: for God is in heaven, and thou upon earth: therefore let thy words be few. (don’t make light of holy things.)
- Proverbs 17:27 He that forbears to utter a hard word is discreet, and a patient man is wise. (don’t say things that would give the wrong impression).
- Proverbs 14:10 The heart knows his own bitterness; and a stranger doth not intermeddle with his joy. ( Mind your own business.)
- Proverbs 4:24 Put away from thee a froward mouth, and perverse lips put far from thee. (don’t tell lies)
- Proverbs 16:27 An ungodly man digs up evil: and in his lips there is as a burning fire. (never utter words to destroy another’s reputation.)
- Proverbs 19:13 …and a wife’s quarreling is a continual dripping of rain. (are you nagging?)
- Proverbs 24:24 Whoever says to the wicked, “You are in the right,” will be cursed by peoples, abhorred by nations, (never flatter a wicked person.)
“From the fruit of a man’s mouth his stomach is satisfied; he is satisfied by the yield of his lips. Death and life are in the power of the tongue, and those who love it will eat its fruits.” Pro 18:20-21
Problem, “Self love cannot forgive the self-love it finds in others.” Fenelon
But there’s hope: From the text in 1Corinthians 4:1-5 Tim Keller makes these summarizing remarks about Paul: “I have a very low opinion of your opinion of me — but I have a very low opinion of my opinion of me.”
The prosperity of a man begins with the prosperity of that man’s own soul. Let’s apply some of the above quotes to our self:
- Don’t speak angrily to yourself
- Don’t speak to yourself without all the facts. (finished work position in Christ).
- Take seriously your rising up again after sinning 7 times in a day.
- Don’t slander yourself.
- Don’t speak words that would destroy your dignity.
- Don’t nag yourself. Forget.
All of the above comes from a frank “taking yourself too seriously.”
Let’s speak about forgiveness . G. Campbell Morgan speaks precisely, “God never violates the cosmic order by lightly passing over the activity of disorder which wrecks and ruins human life and human history.” ” New Testament forgiveness, I can never extend to my own child, I cannot free my child from the guilt of wrong done. I cannot cleanse my child from the pollution which has gathered upon his mind as the result of wrong done.” “I cannot break the power of habit in my child through forgiveness. ”
He continues, true “forgiveness is to be set loose from sins, their guilt done, their pollution ceased, their power broken.”
“That is what the world needs.”
“That is what the Christian message declares, and what Jesus Christ offers to Men first.”
Finally, none of us can apply the above precepts to ourselves and others without the supernatural miracle of the cross of Christ. But this we can do as Christians — refrain from quenching, refrain from grieving the Holy Spirit within by our many reactions. The Spirit alone wants to, and will apply that cleansing forgiveness which liberates the soul from self occupation, even absorption. In the spirit of God given “self-forgetfulness” we apply the same to others. We’re quiet. Love ya