Act 14:22 Confirming the souls of the disciples, and exhorting them to continue in the faith, and that we must through much tribulation enter into the kingdom of God.
The “kingdom of God” refers to personal governmental authority, the operational will of God.
- Personal authority, to be lasting, must be of the same order of Jesus Christ.
- not the authority of autocracy or coercion,
- not a superstitious nature.
- Autocratic authority is to rule by right of insistence and not by right of personal integrity. Chambers
- Coercion is the practice of forcing another party to act in an involuntary manner by use of intimidation or threats or some other form of pressure or force. Wikipedia
- Another kind of authoritative practice is Sophistry which is self-government- self realization
- Superstition is any belief or practice that is irrational – i.e., it arises from ignorance, a misunderstanding of science or causality, a positive belief in fate or magic, or fear of that which is unknown. “– Subjectivity. Wikipedia
Authority must be of a moral character and the authority of worth, to which all that is worthy in a man bows down. Oswald Chambers
” …behind the authority of God is a love that sent His only Son to die for the sins of the world, a love that came to save the world and not to condemn it.” Dr. Carl Stevens
“Before God ever commanded us to love (John 13:34-35), He first commended His love toward us, while we were sinners.” (Romans 5:8).
“Authority that is not backed by the love of the Cross is not bona-fide authority; it will only drive people away from God.”
“But true authority always draws people to the God who is love.”
Dr. Carl Stevens
Three concepts at least relate to authority:
- Moral – involves justice and conscience. God’s authority places a mercy seat in a person’s heart. “in whatever our heart condemns us; for God is greater than our heart …” 1 John 3:20 NASB God’s person overrules a nagging conscience
- Worth – value system. “Since thou hast been precious in my sight, thou hast been honorable, and I have loved thee: “Isaiah 43:4 WBT God’s authority requires a value system update. — Personal priorities, convictions, values, attitudes etc.
- Integrity- soul integration. “The integrity of the upright shall guide them:” Proverbs 11:4 KJV The integrity of the soul may require re-alignment.
How does it look?
- will –“For it is God which worketh in you both to will and to do of his good pleasure.” Philippians 2:23 His will works in us, through our will.
- Conscience –” 1 John 3:20. John’s Conscience was beyond mere morality — a conscience of grace. Romans 8: 1-2
- Mind — “For who hath known the mind of the Lord, that he may instruct him? But we have the mind of Christ.” Christ gives us a new mind, His own.
- Emotions — “For God is my record, how greatly I long after you all in the bowels of Jesus Christ.” Philippians 1:8 Bowels and emotions go together. Paul had Christ’s.
- Consciousness — “Likewise reckon ye also yourselves to be dead indeed unto sin, but alive unto God through Jesus Christ our Lord.” Romans 6:11 God consciousness overrules self-consciousness.
Last: “For the law was given by Moses, but grace and truth came by Jesus Christ. ” John 1:17
All congeals in grace — a soul liberated, and truth — reality faced finally.
These spell authority, God’s way, — my values are magnetized to hold truth.
That truth unfurls God, Love, His very nature.
Love frees my captured will, grace frees the guilty conscience, peace relaxes the frantic emotions, joy unleashes the mind, and God-focus displaces me-focus.
“They reel to and fro, and stagger like a drunken man, and are at their wits’ end…
…He maketh the storm a calm, so that the waves thereof are still.
Then are they glad!!
because they be quiet; so he bringeth them unto their desired haven.” love ya