An age, a great block of time of almost 2000 years, will soon end!
The dispensation of the grace of God runs from the time of Christ’s 33 year earthly visit, till His return. This specific age features a specific management, oversight, or administration — of God toward mankind.
Paul the Apostle referred to this era as:
- ( the mystery of Christ)
- in other ages it was not made known unto the sons of men,
- is now revealed unto his holy apostles and prophets by the Spirit.
- Gentiles can become fellowheirs, and of the same body,
- and partakers of the promise in Christ by the gospel:
Paul’s purpose in the time-block:
- to preach among the Gentiles the unsearchable riches of Christ;
- make all men see what is the fellowship of the mystery: that now unto the principalities and powers in heavenly places might be known by the church the manifold wisdom of God.
So, all non-Jewish participants in this timeframe get to see a mystery unfolded, get to participate with Christ’s unsearchable riches , enjoy “chosen” status and God’s matchless favor. In addition, God uses the mystery-unfolding- time to teach angels of His many-sided nature.
Soon this dispensation will close. What’s next?
Next will be the “rapture” (snatching away), of those who have fellowshipped with the mystery of Christ. These will meet the Lord in the air and be with Him forever. Then what?
The remainder of the earth’s populace will enter “the Great Tribulation.” This timeframe, moving away from Grace, will feature severe Judgment.
Some early highlights will include, from Revelation 6:
- a conquering white horse.
- A peace-removing red horse.
- An economic down-turning with a black horse.
- A pale horse — his name was Death and “power was given unto them over the fourth part of the earth, to kill with sword, and with hunger, and with death, and with the beasts of the earth. “
- Martyrs for Christ cry for avenging.
- A great earthquake shakes the whole earth.
- Revelation 6:17 summarizes: “For the great day of his wrath is come; and who shall be able to stand? “
During the interim Tribulation, men will cry for rocks to fall on them to hide from the wrath of God. My description reflects only the beginning of 7 years of hell on earth.
What is left for us to do as we wait?
As we await, with anticipation , the culmination of an age, we teach and preach, proclaim the blessed mystery: Christ in us, the hope of glory.
But, another mystery, “the mystery of iniquity” doth already work. ” 2 Thessalonians 2
“God shall send them strong delusion, that they should believe a lie: That they all might be damned who believed not the truth, but had pleasure in unrighteousness.”
O the time of peril has come. Our believing souls are torn, for we so desire to meet the Lord in the air. Nevertheless, we must throw out the life rafts, pull as many drowning souls into the boat. The time is short!
Friends, grace still reigns, Salvation still avails, The offer of mercy and pardon still stands. The pre-eminence of the person and work of Jesus Christ still prevails, and even will throughout the Tribulation period. Yes, His mercy endures forever, His compassion fails not. Love ya