Grief stricken, a person isolated their psychological pain. Strong willed? Strong minded? The current generation harnesses many soul powers like “isolation”. Coping mechanisms or defense mechanisms can hold back the flood tides sometimes. Where do these come from?
“A well-known categorization of defense mechanisms by George Vaillant in 1994 differentiated between immature defense mechanisms, such as projection (blaming others) and denial, and mature defenses, like humor and sublimation (turning your unconscious motives into productive activity).”
Sounds like we have grown more sophisticated? Not just yet. Here are some other “modern” mechanisms:
- Isolation — keeps yourself clueless about your flaws and missteps.
- Self-Compensation — your attempt to find an external outlet to feel better.
- Dissipation — you turn all of your anxieties onto some idealized version of yourself.
“The criterion for evaluating the effectiveness of a defense mechanism, in the Nanjing authors’ model, include whether it (a) distorts the individual’s self-representation (self-image), or (b) causes poorer relations with others.”
“In this view, defense mechanisms can provide the short-term solution of helping you feel better, but cause problems in the long-term as your self-representation becomes:
- increasingly divorced from reality. Further, when you push people away, defense mechanisms will only
- create more anxiety, not to mention the
- loss of important relationships.” Susan Krauss Whitbourne Ph.D.
So, can we safely say these DM’s help the short of it but not the long? I Dunno.
Why? Let’s check out some root mechanisms:
“If you or a loved one is using harmful defense mechanisms to calm feelings of anxiety, help is available.”
Written by Courtney Howard, Sovereign Health Group writer- sovcal.com
- Mind blocks emotions,
- emotions block mind,
- mind blocks conscience
- conscience-discarded blocks God consciousness,
- enabling self consciousness
- the volition worships the lies so relinquishing it’s rights, perpetuating “soul-peace” or “peace of mind?”
“To proclaim the acceptable year of the Lord, and the day of vengeance of our God; to comfort all that mourn.” Isaiah 61
Fellow saints, soul mechanisms will be harmful if not mortified through the Spirit’s filling. Don’t be sentimental about killing them; eventually they will ruin us.
Take vengeance on them; God has already.