In Paul’s “Romans” letter we delight in a plethora of plenty, an Easter basket of colors, a bounty of beautiful treats, a bundle of love.
First, a plethora of plenty;
- We have been justified by faith,
- we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ.
- by faith we stand in Grace.
Second, an Easter basket of colors;
- While we were still helpless, at the right time Christ died for the ungodly,
- while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us,
- while we were enemies we were reconciled to God through the death of His Son.
Third, a bounty of beautiful treats;
- The gift by the grace of the one Man, Jesus Christ, abounds to the many,
- The free gift arose from many transgressions resulting in justification.
- By the abundance of grace and of the gift of righteousness we reign in life through the One, Jesus Christ.
Fourth, a bundle of love;
- One act of righteousness resulted in justification of life to all men.
- The obedience of the One resulted in the many being made righteous.
- Where sin abounded, grace did much more abound.
Easter brought the abolition of death:
“…Our Savior Jesus Christ, who hath abolished death, and hath brought life and immortality to light through the gospel.” 2 Timothy 1:10
“And the graves were opened; and many bodies of the saints which slept arose, And came out of the graves after His resurrection, and went into the holy city, and appeared unto many.” Matthew 27:52-53
“Through death, (Christ’s), He might destroy him that had the power of death, that is, the devil.” Hebrews 2:14
“Death is swallowed up in victory. O death, where is thy sting? O grave, where is thy victory? 1 Corinthians 15:55.
Corruption, dishonor, and weakness had a bad day also.
- “sown in corruption; it is raised in incorruption.”
- “sown in dishonor; it is raised in glory.”
- “sown in weakness; it is raised in power.” 1 Corinthians 15:43
Sin got kicked.
- “How shall we, that are dead to sin…” Romans 6:2
- “…our old man is crucified with him, that the body of sin might be destroyed,” Romans 6:6
- “For he that is dead is freed from sin. “Romans 6:7
The Law suffered.
- “For sin shall not have dominion over you: for ye are not under the law, but under grace.” Romans 6:14
- “Ye also are become dead to the law by the body of Christ; that ye should be married to another…” Romans 7: 4
- “The law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus hath made me free from the law of sin and death.” Romans 8:2
Luke 23:32-43 tells us a great story:
“And there were also two other, malefactors, led with him to be put to death. And when they were come to the place, which is called Calvary, there they crucified him, and the malefactors, one on the right hand, and the other on the left.” Then said Jesus,
“Father, forgive them; for they know not what they do.”
“And one of the malefactors which were hanged railed on him, saying, If thou be Christ, save thyself and us. But the other answering rebuked him, saying, Dost not thou fear God, seeing thou art in the same condemnation? And we indeed justly; for we receive the due reward of our deeds: but this man hath done nothing amiss. And he said unto Jesus, Lord, remember me when you come into thy kingdom. And Jesus said unto him, Verily I say unto thee,
Today shalt thou be with me in paradise.”
2 Corinthians 8:9 teaches us:
“For ye know the grace of our Lord Jesus Christ, that, though he was rich, yet for your sake he became poor, that you through his poverty might be rich.”
‘Cause Jesus paid it all,
All to him I owe,
My sin had left this crimson stain, he washed it white as snow.
Love ya Happy Easter!