“For if, when we were enemies, we were reconciled to God by the death of his Son, much more, being reconciled, we shall be saved by his life.” Romans 5:10
Through the Holy Bible we understand that “all” men were the objects of Christ’s dying.
1Timothy 2:4 teaches, “Who will have all men to be saved, and to come unto the knowledge of the truth.” and 2Peter 3:9 follows,
“The Lord is not slack concerning his promise, as some men count slackness; but is longsuffering to us-ward, not willing that any should perish, but that all should come to repentance.’ and 1 John 2:2:
“And he is the propitiation for our sins: and not for ours only, but also for the sins of the whole world. ” see John 3:16, 1 John 4:10
But what of man’s requirement? — Faith is the whole of the requirement.
Ephesians 2:8 teaches us, “For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God.” and Romans 10:9
“That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved.” And John 1:12 says,
“But as many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name:”
Consider the words of Lewis Sperry Chafer:
- Salvation is the work of God for man: It is not the work of man for God. Titus 3:5
- Salvation is the bestowal and actual impartation of eternal life; it is not the beauties and artificial imitations of ethical living. John 10:28
- Salvation is the imputed righteousness of God; it is not the imperfect righteousness of man. Rom 4:5
- Salvation is according to the faithful calling of God; it is not according to the fitful carefulness of man. 2 Peter 1:2-4
- Salvation is a divine reconciliation, it is not a human regulation. Ephesians 2:15
- Salvation is the cancelling of all sin; it is not the cessation from some sin. Romans 6:6
- Salvation is being delivered from and dead to, the Law; it is not delighting in or doing the Law. Romans 7:4
- Salvation is Divine regeneration, it is not human reformation. John 3:3
- Salvation is being acceptable to God, not being exceptionally good. Ephesians 1:6
- Salvation is completeness in Christ, it is not competency in character. Colossians 2:10
- Salvation is always and only of God ; it is never of man. Psalm 3:8
The eternal life that we receive is in God’s Son, we are placed “in Christ.”
1John 5:11 -12 “And this is the record, that God hath given to us eternal life, and this life is in his Son.
He that hath the Son hath life; and he that hath not the Son of God hath not life. “
The same life of Christ that saves us — also keeps us:
Jude 1:24 teaches ” Now unto him that is able to keep you from falling, and to present you faultless before the presence of his glory with exceeding joy, To the only wise God our Savior…”
And Hebrews 7:25 follows, “Wherefore he is able also to save them to the uttermost that come unto God by him, seeing he ever liveth to make intercession for them. “
1Peter 1:5 “Who are kept by the power of God through faith unto salvation ready to be revealed in the last time. “
Friends, why write about such basic truth? Only that the very basics repeatedly get confused — and by many sincere believers. Some cases involve doctrines of demons and must be corrected, but others could be a result of walking by “sight” instead of faith. Admittedly, many precious Words of Scripture seem too good to be true. Salvation by simple faith, sin cancelled, eternal life, safe keeping by God, all seem to be concepts too high to believe. Perhaps it is because they are:
Invisible, unexperienced: “They are apprehended by faith,” Contested by the devil, Unmerited, Unchangeable, Eternal.
While we look not at the things which are seen, but at the things which are not seen: for the things which are seen are temporal; but the things which are not seen are eternal. 2Corinthians 4:18 love ya
Be First to Comment